Students should stay home from school if they are experiencing any of the symptoms below. Please contact the school office via telephone before 8:30 am to notify us that your child will not be attending.
Symptoms may include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If your child receives a positive COVID-19 test, please contact me as soon as possible. I will then communicate the next steps for your child, as well as their return date to in-person learning.
On January 6, 2022, the CDC released new Isolation and Quarantine Guidance specific for K-12 Schools. The following represents CDC’s new recommendations:
- Staff or students who test positive for COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status, should isolate for 5 days after onset of symptoms, or 5 days from specimen collection date if no symptoms are present.
- Staff or students who test positive for COVID-19 and have no symptoms or their symptoms are resolving can be released from isolation after 5 days. To calculate the 5-day isolation period, day 0 is the first day of symptoms or specimen collection date if asymptomatic. If they continue to have a fever or other symptoms have not improved after 5 days of isolation, they should wait to end isolation until they are fever-free for 24 hours and their other symptoms have improved.
- Avoid being around students or staff who are immunocompromised or at high risk for severe disease.